Our Private Client Practice is based on 100 years of experience in advising promoter families, high-net-worth individuals and entrepreneurs in relation to structuring and holding their wealth and family businesses, especially in a taxation and succession friendly manner.
Our team has 12 full-time dedicated, experienced and specialist lawyers, headed by 2 partners, who have deep knowledge and expertise in trust & estate law, corporate law, and in the creation of complex structures and succession planning solutions.
We provide end to end solutions with assistance from all our practice areas, including from our taxation, public M&A and real estate teams. We also work with various international trust & estate lawyers, consultants and service providers to offer our clients comprehensive and holistic services, both onshore and offshore.
The Firm’s Private Client Practice was ranked as Band 1 by the Chambers & Partners Chambers HNW 2017 Guide.
Our Private Client Practice Partner, Mr. Rishabh Shroff, was ranked as BAND 1 by the Chambers & Partners Chambers HNW 2017 Guide, as well as in the Chambers HNW 2016 Guide. He was ranked as one of the top 200 specialist trusts and private client lawyers in the world, by the UK’s prestigious legal publication, Legal Week, in July 2017.
What We Do
• Estate and succession planning, including preparation of Wills and Codicils; providing probate and executorship services.
• Establishment of private family trusts (which may include private trustee companies, professional trustees and/or protectors, as desired); on-going advisory services for established domestic and offshore trusts.
• Providing cross border advice across many jurisdictions (especially the UK & USA).
• Restructuring of existing promoter / family holdings in a tax efficient and succession-friendly manner.
• Establishment and structuring of family offices and other investment / holding structures.
• Creation, implementation and monitoring of family governance structures, including preparation of family constitutions.
• Advising on corporate governance and business structuring from the perspective of family governance, and incidental advice on all corporate matters.
• Advising on philanthropic and charitable endeavours, including establishment of public charitable trusts and advice on corporate social responsibility.
• Advice on family settlements and partitions.
• Family dispute resolution either through arbitration, mediation, and/or litigation.
• Conveyances and gifts of assets, including shares, movable and immoveable properties.
• Direct taxation related advice (both domestic and international).
• Risk management and regulatory advice, including compliance with securities laws, takeover regulations, exchange control laws, liaising and dealing with regulators (especially RBI and SEBI), as required.
Visit our Private Client Practice Blog at: https://privateclient.cyrilamarchandblogs.com/